Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wishing My Daughter, A Happy Birthday!





Ifeoluwa, my beautiful daughter, today is another March 7th (your birthday). I remember the song I played--- over and over--- on the day of your christening. It was “Isn't she lovely” by Stevie Wonder). In the last stanza, I changed the names to Ife and Titilola (you and your mom). Your mom named you Ifeoluwa to (1) symbolize the love between us and (2) to signify the will of God by the nature of your arrival in the world. And it’s gratifying to note that the name has been wonderfully interpreted in your life in terms of your values, virtues, principles and achievements.  You always bring us joy and I thank God for your life. Happy birthday!!! 

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Love is Ife
The meaning of her name
Titilola, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love

No comments: