The
above manifesto was made via a video by Elliot Rodger (22 years old) shortly before he
proceeded on a wild rampage that left several people dead and injured, near the
University of California, Santa Barbara on Saturday, May 24, 2014. He subsequently died from an alleged self-inflicted gun-shot.
But what was his problem? Hear him:
"I
don't know why you girls are so repulsed by me," he says in the video,
describing his loneliness and frustration at never having had sex with or even
kissed a girl. "I am polite. I am the ultimate gentleman. And yet, you
girls never give me a chance. I don't know why."
Of
the men he sees as rivals, he said: "I deserve girls much more than all
those slobs..."
He concluded with a threat that after his rampage "...you will finally see that I
am, in truth, the superior one, the true alpha male."
At
the end of the rampage, several individuals were killed, thirteen were injured,
eight from gunshot wounds and four from vehicle hits.
Why
should this happen in the year 2014 of the 21st Century? This is a time
when men don’t really have to prove anything to impress a woman in terms of education, intellect and future
prospects. It’s a time that most women only care about a guy’s physical
attributes, money and other mundane stuff. So, how could Elliot have it so bad?
I
have always believed that wooing a woman in my days was a huge task. There was no internet…no cellphone…no "texting" etc. Unlike the present day digital system, back then, everything was done
by analogue. Hence, it was often too bad for guys who were too shy to transit
easily from the letter/greeting-card-writing stage to the face-to-face level. It
was very painstaking and I guess that’s why those of us baby-boomers have great
relationships and marriages.
Nowadays,
there is hardly any form of wooing. It’s called the fast, “instant coffee”, internet
age. Things are rather simple now. A boy meets a girl online in the morning, "text" each other in the afternoon, go on a dinner (or movie) date in the evening and before
the day is over, they are in bed. The bottom line is that their sex organs
become quickly acquainted long before the two individuals ever get to know each
other.
Most
unfortunately, many young women are okay with this process. It’s not surprising
therefore that chivalry is dead. Men rarely respect the women in their lives. And
it’s no wonder that by the time a lot of women get into their middle twenties,
they are already over-sexed, emotionally-depressed and desperate!

No comments:
Post a Comment