Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A Very Strong Message from Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"I have a message for the neo-Nazis, the white nationalists and the neo-confederates. Let me just be as blunt as possible: Your heroes are losers!You’re supporting a lost cause. Believe me, I know the original Nazis.
I was born in Austria in 1947, shortly after the end of the 2nd world war. Growing up, I was surrounded by broken men…men who came from the war with shrapnel and guilt…men who were misled into a losing ideology. And I can tell you; these ghosts that you idolize spent the rest of their lives in shame. And right now, they are in hell. I know you were not born with these hateful views. No one is. But the truth is, it’s never too late to make the choices to learn and to evolve and to understand that all humans have equal values…
And to those of you who have been silent, you must also evolve. I have learned a long time ago that the only way we can eliminate hatred is to confront it head-on. It’s not always comfortable, of course. But stereotypes, racism, religion or anything else are like cancer. If you had a tumor, you would not quietly hope that it slowly disappears. You would zap the hell out of it with chemotherapy, cut it off and try every experiment until it was gone. Hatred is not different!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger (38th Governor of California).

No comments: